Welcome to the HoverflyGIMBAL Setup Guide. In this section, we will teach the HoverflyGIMBAL a little about your system. Before you begin, be sure that you have completed the steps in Part 1: Software Installation.
1. Connect the HoverflyGIMBAL Setup Client and go to Configuration & Calibration > Mounting.
Choose the mounting position that corresponds to the location of the HoverflyGIMBAL on your
For help determining the correct mounting position, see Part 2.5: Mounting Position
2. Go to Configuration & Calibration > Gimbal Mode > Servo Settings. Choose the settings
that correspond to your Tilt and Roll servos, either "Position" for servos with a
potentiometer or "Continuous rotation" for those without.
3. Choose the Servo Output Rate that corresponds to your servos. Choose 50hz for analog servos
or 200 hz for digital servos. "Limit roll servo by pitch angle" should NOT be checked.
4. Once this is all done, return to the Configuration & Calibration screen and "Save Settings."
If you are using position servos, please go on to the next link, here: Part 3: Mode Switch Setup and Operating Modes
5. If you are using continuous rotation servos, you must set the Mounting Bias. This calibration
allows the HoverflyGIMBAL to determine the difference between perfectly level and its own
position. To do this, you must first set the roll and tilt axis perfectly level. (We recommend
using a bubble level.) Go to Configuration & Calibration > Gimbal Mode > Servo Settings and
click "Set Bias." The HoverflyGIMBAL will automatically perform the calibration and alert you
when it has been set.
Once this is all done, return to the Configuration & Calibration screen and "Save Settings."
Then proceed to the next link, here: Part 3: Mode Switch Setup and Operating Modes